Re: improvement scrolls

    Michael> [...]  My 48th level barbarian has a
    Michael> holy mace +10 which does dam+83 (over 100 damage total with

    [...]

    >> - *artifact weapons* must be sacrificed for the scroll to work
    >> e.g. lightning immunity would cost you only 5 mjoellnirs (now
    >> where to get 5 mjoellnirs?? :-)

Okay, this gives me a chance (as a newbie) to ask the obvious question:
how does one learn what all those "odd" weapons do?  That is, the ones
that say "sword of X".  Provided X != "Woe", and identify doesn't show
it to be cursed, I've been assuming that the weapons must have some
special property, but I can't find anything in the documentation that
will show what is special about them.  I'm still pretty low level (I've
got a couple of 5th level characters), sort of learning how things work.
And I'm reluctant to simply walk around hitting things hoping to learn
something about the weapon, especially since I fear ending up learning
something unpleasant :-(

    >> BTW the version 0.92.0 is great! very nice that it doesn't crash
    >> anymore on the skills code and that alchemy works again :-) This
    >> skill code adds a lot to the game IMHO.

Where can I find some documentation on the skills?  I had a human
character who had skills in fletching (which I *assume* meant she was
good at firing bows and arrows, not making them), but how can I tell the
difference between using and not using the skill?  I've mostly been
wandering around the town hacking and slashing trying to learn without
dying (well, without dying too many times...).

roland
--
Roland B Roberts
roberts@panix.com