Re: Magic shop ripoff

On Thu, 19 Oct 1995, Brent Rhea wrote:

> > I enter the magic shop in town (default map, etc.), I want to identify
> > something in my possession.  I can't figure out how to drop *just* 20
> > pieces of gold.  I have to drop the whole pile I'm carrying.  But for
> > some reason, even if I only have one unidentified item in my inventory,
> > the shop takes 40 pieces from me (if I have it...).

type "2" then "0" it should say Count:2 then Count:20 in the dialogue
window. Then click on the gold to drop it (or do drop or whatever) and it
should drop 20 gold.

> Kill the magic shop owner and burn the place to the ground. It won't get
> your money back you will feel a lot better.

Crossfire isn't much like Nethack--its shop owners can kill low level
characters easily :)

|Homewood High School              | Jonathan Hankins      |
|http://199.88.16.12/homewood.html | jhankins@199.88.16.12 |
| Do I know you?       			                   |