Re: CF: Suggestion and comments

>>>>[From Ken Woodruff]

      I'm open to suggestions as to approach, for example do you think
    it's worthwhile to try to develop a common API for the user interface
    and network routines that will allow us to share most of the client
    code across UNIX/X and Windows versions or should we take the
    client/server communication protocol as a starting point and develop
    a client for Windows from scratch using more standard (from a Windows
    perspective) programming and user interface techniques?

Or just use java as the initial client program, after defining the
client protocol properly.