CF: experience bug in .92.5 (and .4)

we've uncovered what would appear to be a fairly severe bug in crossfire
.92.5 running on a linux 1.3.100 system (recent debian distribution).

our charactors appear to no longer collect any experience points for the
catagories of wizard spells, or prayers.  I can take a guy back and
demonstrate for the exact same motions that a guy will get significant
points under .92.2.

I believe that it does not say "you killed chinese dragon with fireball"
on the screen when we see this bug.  that is probably somehow related.

i believe that we may have gotten a point or two, but if we have, it's
been so infrequent that we haven't noticed.

we've tested it against everything from orcs to dragons.

----------------------
while i'm at it... there appears to be a oratory bug in .92.4 that
causes the system to crash when you have a large group of followers, and you
try to go to a differnt city. This has gotten worse in .92.5 in the fact
that it will crash with only one follower.

there appears to be another oratory bug that causes a killed follower to
turn into several  royal gaurds.... some of the time.  I'll report more
on this after the system is more stable with oratory.

the system also seems to crash after leaving a city some of the time...
it's quite strange...  i'll send more info to the list as i get it.
---------------

the second group of bugs are livable, because the game can be restarted,
and continued, it's just the experience bug that's really plaguing us,
since it cripples our guys.  does anyone have any ideas what we could do
to fix it?  or is there any specific information we could send to the
list to help with a solution?  i can't imagine that nobody has noticed
this unless it's platform specific in some way...

info on my site:
in my config file i enabled xpm, and put the files in /usr/local/games

please send responced to my e-mail address, since i just subscribed to
the list a couple of muinites ago, and don't want to miss it...

	Thanks,
		Corey Sweeney