CF: RE: Problems compiling eutl

After a bit of work trying to track down the problem compileing the eutl
library on my Slackware 3.0 based system(Running the Linux 2.0.0 kernel),
I have tracked the problem down to the kernel source.  While I am not
good enough at fixing these problems to solve the problem myself, this is
what I have done to trace the problem.

Took a clean Slackware 3.0 system with kernel 1.2.13.
Installed eutl cleanly, no problems.
deleted the linuxelf-1.2.13 source tree, replaced it with the 2.0.0
     source tree, compiled the kernel, and rebooted
attempted a new clean compile of eutl, and got the following results:

gcc -g -Wall -I../include   -c tcplib.c -o tcplib.o
In file included from tcplib.h:13,
                 from tcplib.c:11:
/usr/include/sys/uio.h:33: redefinition of `struct iovec'
tcplib.c: In function `BecomeServer':
tcplib.c:225: warning: passing arg 2 of `bind' from incompatible pointer type
tcplib.c:226: warning: implicit declaration of function `close'
tcplib.c: In function `GetConnection':
tcplib.c:264: warning: implicit declaration of function `bcopy'
tcplib.c:271: warning: passing arg 2 of `connect' from incompatible
pointer typetcplib.c: In function `AcceptConnection':
tcplib.c:300: warning: passing arg 2 of `accept' from incompatible
pointer type
tcplib.c: In function `__DoSendMsg':
tcplib.c:345: warning: implicit declaration of function `write'
make[1]: *** [tcplib.o] Error 1

I then turned around, replaced the kernel with a backup, and rebooted
back into 1.2.13.  I did NOT replace the kernel source tree.  I got
identical results.  This leads me to the conclusion that it is the source
tree, rather than the kernel itself which is the source of the problem.
I will continue to seek the source of this problem, and see what changed
from 1.2.13 to 2.0.0(I also had this problem on all kernels from 1.3.45
and later).  If anyone has an answer to this, I would appreciate it.

						David Bristel
						targon@netcom.com