CF: Problems compileing eutl

I am not sure if this is an appropriate subject for this list, but I have
encountered problems compileing the eutl library on my Linux Slackware 3.0
system.  I have not had this problem under the older a.out versions, so I
am not sure if this is a problem with the newer libraries, or what the
problem is.  All works, except for the tcplib.  Because I have had this
problem since I upgraded to Slack 3.0 several months ago, and Crossfire
itself works beautifully when I removed support for eutl, I have
hesitated to mention it here.  Has anyone else experienced this problem
and/or found a workaround?

						Dave Bristel
						targon@netcom.com