CF: NOTES: Compiling 0.92.3 for Solaris 2.5

Hello,

I just thought I would describe what I had to do to compile Crossfire
0.92.3 for Solaris 2.5 with the gcc compiler, since it took me a
little bit of tinkering for success.

As background, my Sun box doesn't have the Sun cc compiler or acc,
just gcc 2.7.2.  Here is the summary of what not to do for a
successful compile, followed by a more detailed report:

1.  Do *NOT* #define OWIN because that causes installation problems
    further down the road.  Thanks to Mark Wedel for helping me out
    with this one.

2.  After running ``xmkmf'' and ``make Makefiles'', do *NOT* do ``make
    depend''.

Here the more detailed accounting:

In config/crosssite.def, I #define ForceCC gcc.  Using #define
ForceCCOPTIONS -ansi eliminated the incessant warning message "gcc:
language F not recognized", but this wasn't necessary.

Because I initially did a ``make depend'', I received this error
message:

    makedepend:  daemon.c: makedepend:  cannot find include file "sys/ttycom.h"
    makedepend:     not in sys/ttycom.h
    makedepend:     not in ../include/sys/ttycom.h
    makedepend:     not in /usr/openwin/include/sys/ttycom.h
    makedepend:     not in /usr/include/sys/ttycom.h
    makedepend:  cannot open "sys/ttycom.h"

and I needed to modify server/Makefile in order to be able to compile
Crossfire.  This is the diff file of server/Makefile:

    761c761
    < daemon.o: sys/ttycom.h
    ---
    > daemon.o: /usr/include/sys/termios.h

If I had not done the ``make depend'' step, everything would have
compiled ok.

That's all.  I just thought I would relate this information in case
anyone new to Crossfire has these minor problems while compiling.