CF: lost original subject ...

Brian Thomas wrote:
>       I have been putting together some ideas about the combat
>       system which I would like to share for critical discussion.
>       Some of this stuff I have already mentioned in earlier email,
>       so ardent readers of this list should recognize many of these
>       ideas. The framework which I am presenting below, is however,
>       very new.
>
>       As always, changes should be implemented with the idea of
>       'fun' first, realism second.
>                                               -b.t.

I have had only a short look over your proposal (ever played GURPS?     ;-)
and cannot commend about the single ideas and effects, but the whole idea just
hits me fully!

CF was always *nice*, i though, but i never realy played it - *exactly* your
idea could be something that enhanced CF to a more Roleplaying-like game. You do
not bash some stats against each other until one or the other dies, but have the
possibility to realy *act* within the game-world!

I realy love it!

Problem maybe beeing, that this kind of combat needs alot of more intelligence
for the computer-creatures ...
Otherwise, you could use tactics that are much too efficient against them.

        Thanx for your mail, and
        Byebye,
--
Thomas (tgm) Ackermann                    | G i b   GATES | DOS* |Great minds
tja     ;-)  Tel. 0228/73-7773 | 631369   | k  e  i  n  e | WIN* |discuss ideas