Re: CF: maps for priest advancement (and history/world)

Well, I like all the ideas. I'm also creating god specific holy symbols
(this would need code support too, which would have to be more
complicated than the simple patch for non randomized altars), and I'll
extend the 'religious' buildings. A cathedral (very nice imo :) is
included in the new archs.

I'll extend the 'testing ground' temples I created in scorn for devourers
and gaea to include some of the guidelines.

Another thing I'd like to hear opinions and ideas on is how the
history/world creation work should proceed.

Personally, I think there has to be a major relinking of maps away from
towns. Writing a history/world that has every city close to 'X was totally
overrun by monsters twohundred years ago and some pitiful remenants of
citizens can be found in the tavern' isnt very exciting.

The towns should basically be starting points for quests, be a place to
rest for gathering information and shopping and so, and to some amount a
place for political/religious/intrigue quests (and you never know what
may be lurking in the catacombs or that mad wizards cellar). Most of the
houses currently contained in cities should be relocated to  'goblin
country' or similar (hey, goblins can have their own cities too:). IE; no
hack'n'slash maps in cities, since it's very hard to have a coherent
motive for a house in town to be overrun by hundreds of kobolds and goblins.

/David