Re: CF: A bug (and a fix)

> 	Heh, I remember you guys. Im suprised that anyone else is
> 	still interested in the combat patch. It seemd (to me) that
> 	interest in (further development) of this idea had stalled
> 	(died?).

Argh, crossfire without cmb patch is like an egg without salt, I thought it
was being developed and when it was ready it would be added in :/
Really, the "normal" crossfire is so much worse, not a bit of diversity with
the fighting skills. Fatigue is the nicest thing, the different tactics
affect fighting too little (players should have to think what tactic to
use, now it doesn't matter much). The show-monster box is also veeery nice!

> 	I can take a look at the code, an release a cmb5 patch if
> 	there is sufficient interest. Is this the case?

It would be nice if you got it included to the 'official' crossfire..

> 	That reminds me, the Japanese guys have a pretty good set of
> 	maps that (I think) should be considered strongly for inclusion
> 	in the next (dev) distribution. The maps are called pupland1.1
> 	and Ill put them on my ftp site (there is a Japanese ftp site,
> 	but it is slow from here in america).

Well, the players here (at least I am) are probably interested in new maps.
And the unbalanced maps/monsters are still the same, as Samuli today
demonstrated here.. Getting the amulets in the hole near brittany is too
easy, getting spellbooks from an really easy opponent (a wizard in a tavern
in /city/city), etc. And there seems to be a weird bug seen in the castle
bitmap (at least used in brittany, that abusively-easy kill-all-elec-dragons
castle), just look at it and you know what I mean.. Using the font or the
pixmaps, it probably works with XPM..

CF still isn't as good as it could be in multiplayer, all players can use
all skills => no partying, etc. :(

> 	Enjoy, and pls give me feedback on cmb patch. Yes or no?

Definitely YES. The cmb patch shouldn't have any bugs left, and it makes the
game a lot nicer.