Re: CF: Changes?

Scott Wedel wrote:

>Though, it does raise the question of how skills based exp is shared
>if doing partying exp and is exp being given to chars in skills that
>don't really deserve it (such as a wizard fireballing a monster, does
>the fighters of the party get wizard exp or fighter exp?  (by wizard
>or fighter I mean the role those players are fulfilling as part of the
>group)).  Maybe the game for partying players should remember the
>actions of each player (ie count hit, wizard spells cast, priest
>spells, and so on) and then allocate the player's exp by his activity.
>So a player casting wizards spells get wiz exp even as other player
>fighting monster gets physical exp.

You don't need to add any new record keeping.  Just allocate the
experience based on the current ratio between the various categories.
So if a "fighter" has twice the physical experience as his magical
experience, for every three party points he receives, two go to
physical, and one goes to magical.  (You could code this by comparing
the experience in each category to the total experience, but you would
want to watch out for rounding altering the expected net result.)

That makes sense to me, anyway.

--PC