CF: pixmaps under players' feet

While fiddling around with a java client, it came to my attention that
I don't like the way the pixmaps under your own character are handled.

Specifically, if you are in the town, and standing "on" a shop, it doesn't
look very nice to suddenly see a corner of the shop disappear, to be
replaced with "grass", or whatever, and your player.
I think that square should properly be displayed as
grass -> shop_corner -> player

I checked with the "real" client that comes with crossfire-0.93.5,
and the same behavour is evident.
I think this behaviour is left over from when there was no stacking of
images. Someone must have updated the general-purpose display code,
but not the "under player" display code.

You might say this is a "clarity" issue. However, it would be nice
if the client had the option to turn this "clarity" on or off.

Sorry if this has been discussed before. I must admit, I quite often
only "skim" this mailing list.

PS: my "real" address is phil@bolthole.com. This is just where
I subscribe to the list, so I only check here infrequently.