Re: CF: hiding bug fix...

>At least with the older code, you can use hiding to see what is
>looking for you.  It's a good way to find out what monsters are around
>the corner.  It seems strange for a monster that is on the other side
>of a wall to look for and even find me hiding in the shadows.
>
>--PC

Well, there seems to be two problems here.  It is claimed that monsters
can see a player on the other side of a wall.  That shouldn't happen
since monsters should need to have a path to player (and last year I
modified that routine to say there is a path by heading straight towards
player and if blocked then recalculate direction to player, try heading
in that direction and repeating until blocked and new direction is same
as old direction) before being able to see player.  Monsters are credited
with hearing and a sense of smell which is why monsters are allowed to 'see'
around corners.  So I ask whether monsters really are able to see through
walls where there is no path to player or are monsters able to see around
corners (possibly several corners)?

Second apparent problem is that a player should not be able to locate
monsters by seeing the actions of a monster the player has not seen.  At
the very least the player should only be able to sense there is monster
around the corner (smell or hear it), but should not get specific info
of what an unseen monster is doing.  Seeing what a monster is doing should
require direct line of sight.

							sdw