Re: CF: apply -a bug

Robert Brockway (robert@zen.humbug.org.au) wrote:

> While playing around with apply -a I discovered it allows a character to
> put on more than 2 rings.  It is as simple as apply -a name of ring and it
> is on.  I believe this is outside the specs of the game which normally
> only allows 2 rings (and rightly so, I've seen a server where everyone
> could have unlimited rings).

Not just rings, as we have found out :-)

> This ring problem may have unforseen consequences so should really be
> fixed.

Indeed. It shows a couple of other bugs in cf:
- your armor class is limited to -116; additional armor doesn't seem to
  lower it.
- your weapon speed goes down --- running speed 7.xx and weapon
  speed 4.5 doesn't seem right (at least 10 weapons wielded)
- it is very difficult to cast spells with a lot of weapons wielded
- the "slaying" doesn't work very well --- we have no idea where
  the effective slaying comes from, but definitely wielding lots of
  weapons with different "slaying" doesn't "OR" the slaying.
- praying over an altar always affects the topmost weapon
- if you wear several items of the same type, they will be merged when
  you reload your character, but they will only count as one item.
  This means that, for exmaple, speed boots or idaten boots should
  be enchanted to +1, +2, +3... to avoid having to fix your character
  when you load it.

I guess the above bugs should be fixed, to make the "multiple items"
feature more useful. :-) :-)

Christian