Re: CF: client woes! and mroe

On Tue, 25 Aug 1998, [ISO-8859-1] Raphaël Quinet wrote:
> On Tue, 25 Aug 1998, Juha Leskel{ <jussa@vlad.cs.tut.fi> wrote:
> > I wonder what are the platforms and operating systems cfclient has
> > been compiled and tested to work properly? I got it to work on a
> > Sun ss2 with Linux (Redhat, uname -a gives:
> >
> > Linux pommac 2.0.35 #1 Wed Jul 15 20:36:31 EET DST 1998 sparc unknown),
> >
> > but not with HP 715/50 with HP-UX 10.20. I haven't tried to compile it
> > on any other platform/OS.

Hm, you should be able to find a 'fix' for HP-UX in the mailing list
archives (http://archives.real-time.com/) (not a very beautiful fix, mind
you, but it'll work). I'll try to figure out the actual problem when I get
time and do the next portability test at work for the gtk cfclient.

> By the way (maybe Mark can answer this), I helped David Sundqvist a
> bit for using GNU autoconf instead of the hand-written configuration
> stuff for the GTK client.  Will the new Xlib client use autoconf too?
> That would probably make it easier to port to exotic UNIX systems.  I
> can provide some help if necessary.

Well, I've hacked a preliminary autoconf integration of Xlib and GTK
cfclient, which works, but also needs some cosmetic fixups. That configure
script should detect if gtk is installed, and compile the gtk version if
it is, otherwise compile the Xlib version (and accept explicit switches
for which version is wanted).

/David