CF: the map-editor

I finally got the map-editor to compile (I don't know what was wrong
earlier, probably the maps...), anyway, are there any work currently to
redo it into GTK? otherwise I would like to try to do it as a way to
learn GTK.
But since Mark is about to do some major changes to the internals of the
server, I would like to know if there are any changes to the map-code
that are planned, if so I would like to know what so I can make som
assumptions about how to code the editor.

/Peter Toneby