CF: losing Run/Fire in 0.95.1

It seems CF (I guess the server, since it seems to be handling this)
sometimes fails to track the Ctrl and Shift key positions. Every now
and then when I have to do something frantically with the keyboard,
I lose "Run" and "Fire" due to (output of client):

Fire is on while shift is not
Fire is on while shift is not
Run is on while ctrl is not
Fire is on while shift is not
Run is on while ctrl is not
Run is on while ctrl is not
Run is on while ctrl is not

The strange thing is that the server loses track of both keys at the
same time (perhaps the special case is when both keys are in
transition at the same instant). Furthermore, my PgUp and PgDn become
the Fire and Run, except that they cannot be used with the arrow keys,
not being true modifier keys themselves.

Ugh. Makes the game totally unplayable. Any recommendations? (in the
meantime I guess I'll have another peak at the server code, see if I
can find the bugger; I guess this is as good an occasion as ever to
get my hands dirty :)

--
                                                         Maciej Kalisiak
"Join the Army, meet interesting people,             mac@dgp.utoronto.ca