Re: CF: more on identify

James Cameron on  wrote...
| Scott Wedel wrote:
| > A much easier way of improving identify would be to change from a fixed
| > price regardless of the number of items of that type (which implies
| > that first item is identified and player identifies the rest which thus
| > implies that player could from then on identify that item).
|
| Yes, I agree.  Multi-stage identification.

As long as it is obvious identification is not complete!
The seller would want you to pay more money ;-)

In fact the first level identification could be Curse status
allievating the need for a curse table.

| I'm wondering why a shop should identify the item when sold.  This
| doesn't seem "natural."

Obviously the shop keeper pays for identification for sale purposes!
This is why a item usally is sold for a low price when un-identified!

| This is also counter-intuitive.  Identification knowledge should be
| local to the player.

I agree.

| I know, that would be hard to structure in memory.  ;-)

Also true.

  Anthony Thyssen ( System Programmer )    http://www.sct.gu.edu.au/~anthony/
    In fact, the mere act of opening the box will determine the state of
    the cat, although in this case there were three determinate states
    the cat could be in: these being Alive, Dead, and Bloody Furious.
    -- Schrodinger's Moggy        -- Terry Pratchett, "Lords and Ladies"
     PGP Public Key available -- finger -l anthony@lyrch.cit.gu.edu.au