Re: CF: FBBB v1.01 is now up

On Dec 6, 10:03pm, Anthony Thyssen wrote:
> Ok. But what is the use of a ``cloak''. It don't change any stats
> and I have not seen any `un-usual cloaks'.

 Magic cloaks are quite rare.  There are some uncommon ones which just
give bonus to AC, and some that are quite rare that give protections/
immunities.

 The reason that the standard cloaks don't give protection goes back
to play balance (same applies for boots I will note).  As the game
has progressed, more new types of armor have been added (cloaks one,
high availability of boots another).  If the standard versions of
these gave out AC points, characters would get 3 or 4 more AC points
than much of the stuff was originally designed for.  So instead,
normal ones were added that give no benefits.

--

-- Mark Wedel
mark@pyramid.com