Re: CF: Re: Goth's tavern

Anthony Thyssen writes:
 >  * I picked up a brass key somewhere in scorn and have no idea what it
 >    is for.
 >
 >    Prehaps all keys should be engraved with what they are for
 >    and not just called `brass' or `old'.

I think I have one too like that. Don't know either which door it is
for.

 >  * How do you get open the iron door in the Friendly Giants Tower.
 >    It seems to be the one part I haven't managed to figure out.

There are two doors on that floor. The one by the giant gets opened if
you say "door" or "secret" or "key" (can't remeber which). You'll find
a key behind that door. I do not know how to open the other door on
that level, the one closer to the stairs down... I would have thought
that the key from behind door #1 was for door #2, but alas, it does
not open.

 >  * People mention a good set of Random Altars in "Brest"
 >    Where is "Brest"

Yeah, I was confused about this initially too. To get to Brest take
the road east out of Scorn, and take the first long road to the
right. There will be a sign that says you are entering the Brittany
province. The big town that you'll see at end of road is Brest. I
thought always that the name of that town was Brittany (I seemed to be
blind to the word "province").

 >  * What do people suggest as a first place for a starting character to
 >    visit after finishing the low level dungeons on Scorn.
 >
 >    And if that is beyond the gate, why is that password protected and
 >    NOT the port.

Yes, that is strange. Especially since you can take a ship to Santo
Domino and walk back to Scorn, where you'll see the other side of the
gate, locked.

 > Prehaps the port should be moved to a town accross
 >    the contenent. Or scorn split into two citys a inland one (just)
 >    and a port town, so you have to leave scorn before you can reach the
 >    port. Under city dungeons could still connect the two.

Sounds good.

--
                                                         Maciej Kalisiak
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.                  mac@dgp.utoronto.ca