Re: CF: Travel and Questions

"Mark Wedel" on  wrote...
|  More than likely, the player will become part of the inventory of the
|  ob= ject in question, but hooks will be added for the player to
|  control that objec= t.  The main point is that special abilities of
|  the object need to be preser= ved (boats over water, dragons flying,
|  etc..)  Dragons should perhaps be remo= ved or very expensive (dragon
|  isn't going to fly someone around for free) - othe= rwise playbalance
|  gets shifted a bit.

Unless the play himself has skill to control boats and dragons he should
not be able to control them.  I don't see this `teleport' as a problem.
It should just `cost' you ;-)

More questions -- answers for begineers guide!

What does get me is the use of some of the tools.

  1/ What can you use a shovel for, and how!  One is in the oldcity
     and from my old maps can be used to `dig' through a wall to reach
     a landslide trapped skeletion. But I don't remember how.

  2/ Why can't you shoot arrows and other magic over water!!!
     A bit dumb if you ask me!

  Anthony Thyssen ( System Programmer )    http://www.sct.gu.edu.au/~anthony/
                 There can never be an `Absoulte Chaos',
                   since any absolute must be lawful,