CF: Range weapons

Mark Wedel wrote:
>  I would say more precisely, ability to aim at specific squares should be
> allowed.  This would be easy enough to do - have two modes of firing - specific
> direction (of the 8), or a specific square (player can click on a space with
> some key pressed down which means fire onto that space, and monster logic could
> also use it.)
>
>  This would also allow monsters to even fire over other monsters.   Ie, if
> player is at 0,0 and monster is at 4,5, he monster fires at 0,0. (fire could be
> bow or spell or whatever else).  Now there is a monster at 3,4.  Some logic is
> done to see if that monster is hit (lower chance - maybe 20% or something since
> it wasn't aimed at them)  if it does, arrow stops at that point.  IF not, it
> keeps heading towards 0,0 since that is where the monster fired it at.

Another issue with arrows that probably should be changed and should be
very easy to do is the speed of flying arrows and bullets.  Arrows should
move really fast and a player should have to be pretty fast to see an arrow
and avoid it by moving one square.  Maybe arrows in flight should be drawn
every other square so they can move fast enough.

							sdw