CF: Scorn Improvment Wish List

Maciej Kalisiak on  wrote...
| I wonder... I think it might be possible to do it the way the game is
| structured now. You just have to design a map that will do the table
| thing. One of these days I'll take a crack at making a map...

I would like to re-design Scorn some time -- But I have no time ;-)
Here is a list of the improvments I would like to see made.
Gleaned from the crossfire mail list traffic.

Scorn Improvement Wish List

  * Limit access to dock area, password, pass key?
  * Auto close on the gates in gatehouse AND port access!
  * move Goths tavern to near main gate, out of dock area, due to
    limited access (and add rowdy sailor bar in its place),
  * Same with Groks Grovel.
  * Add the street of the gods (common ones not secret ones).
    Some with expensive (2 or 3 time normal price) remove curse tables,
    and very small praybook shops. Maybe the tables for different temples
    are slightly different prices (competition).  A table selling
    expensive (4x normal price) healing scrolls may also be usfull ;-)
  * Add a prision (for atmosphere -- can't do anything much)
  * And a few houses which do not have map reset...  Prehaps a realist
    state office to sell keys (with address stamped on them)
       EG;  Number 3, Giant street   or   8 Bank Road
    And a mailbox (psuedo sign) outside house giving its address?
  * Training buildings (begineer information, not for experience)
  * A secret (well not so secret) access to a single boat to Port
    Jospeh, which is an excelent low level area, with no connections
    elsewhere.  EG: access to the ship but not the docks.
  * Some connection from oldcity to pirates den. (they overlap to an
    extent). You need to be pretty tough to get through and is an
    alturnative path to dock area.

and finally

  * Do something with the strong hold.
    Prehaps a royal throne with the court made up of the people who
    contributed bigtime to game ;-) EG: Major maps, Programming, etc..
    Each could have thier own bit babble about the aspect they created.

About the boat to port Jospeh in the above.

  After gorks grovel has been moved and the pirates den entence
  displaced slightly westward. The whole eastern part of the dock area
  could be flooded with water.

  The ship to port jospeh can then be placed, next to the wall (with the
  prision on the other side of it) but seperated from the rest of the
  Higher level docks area by at least one square of water.

  Begineers could then access that ship though a knock down wall,
  illusionary wall, or a special ``escaped prisoner exit'' (hole in back
  wall of prison) from inside the simple prison.

  This water in the eastern side of the dock area also fits with the way
  Scorn sits on the world map! And with some dock rearrangements could
  allow for more ships to be available.

Question who actually looks after the scorn map?

  Anthony Thyssen ( System Programmer )    http://www.sct.gu.edu.au/~anthony/
    DM: `` I'll let you live if you roll lower then 3 on 4d6 ''
    PC: `` Okay that's better...  Hey! ''
     PGP Public Key available -- finger -l anthony@lyrch.cit.gu.edu.au