Re: CF: Proposal for features

> Yes.  I'd planned to mark each randomly generated map with a sign at the
> arrival point in it.

It makes more sense if random maps appeared the same as normal maps.
It makes no sense for a RPG to state which maps are quests and which are
random.  If the random maps are so good (or the quests bad enough) that
the two can be confused then that makes for a better game.  If the fear
is that players couldn't find the quest maps if there are too many maps
then add books or such containing legend lore so players can find the
quest starting point.

The random map generator should have arguments for treasure level and
monster density.  I think random maps should generally have only crappy
items and maybe even give minuses to monster's weapons but pluses to monster
attributes.

Random map generator should also probably have option to make maze vs
rooms and halls, option for the style of walls/floors and an option for
monster type.

As for integrating random maps into the game, I don't think they should
be randomly inserted at play time into the world.  Standard maps should
explicitly call random maps where placed.  Someone can write a perl script
or whatever to read a map and add random maps for empty houses and so on.
Some places strike me as being desolate so they should have empty houses.

Some games add the random map functionality by basically having an arena
map which looks at the player to decide either how to generate or whether
player must/should wait until later to enter the competition.  As it is
arena style, the maps have no treasure and monster treasure is limited to
weapons and armor.

							sdw