Re: CF: Scorn Improvment Wish List

Scott Wedel on  wrote...

| The old city quest really should have a local leader mention it as a
| problem for Scorn (monsters coming from below), maybe some general
| hints. and if player completes it then giving a passport for other
| travel (and reduced travel fees for ships and dragon transport).
|
| The gatehouse really should have a table to pay to get out or in as well
| as the secret word.  The guards should be willing to raise and lower the
| gates for a reasonable fee or to someone that knows the password.

I was thinking of posibly a payment entry, and a `passwd' thieves
passage. Of you could prove yourself by traveling the underground
route via oldcity!

Note the password for the thieves passage should however be on the other
side of the passage!!!! IE: you have to fight or pay at least once!

Stage 1 plans for scorn modifications do not include actual closure
just all the parts up to closure, so people can have a look.
(See below)  Simularly for transport.

Hmm The dragon transport is walled off so as to require payment.
Any recomendation for ships.  A gate/altar on the docks to each ship?
I can arrange that setup during stage 1 without activating altars yet.
Hmmm... Noted... (see below)

| I think it would add to the game if various quests ended with a possibly
| secret item that gives travel benefits (ie reduction from normal fares
| which BTW should be expensive for dragon transport).  Player might be
| prevented from reentering the ending rooms again of some quests again.
| That way an imbalanced quest which gives out artifacts cannot simply
| be continually revisited.

How?

This is the current list I will do for a stage 1 improvements.
NOTE all of these items are basically port area rearrangements.

Stage 1...
  * Auto close on the gates in gatehouse
  * move Goths tavern to near main gate, out of dock area, due to
    limited access (and add rowdy sailor bar in its place),
  * Same with Groks Grovel.
  * Add a prision (for atmosphere -- can't do anything much)
  * Flood Eastern dock area, to allow a boat behind prison wall
    and to fit outside world situation of scorn better.
  * Gates and Altars (currently open) to access ships.
  * Reduce size of Dragon Transport area (leaving one dragon to pupland)
    and the dragon travelers cross roads. This allows for more dock
    space, which seems to be more popular (and in future cheaper).
  * A secret (well not so secret) access to a single boat to Port
    Jospeh, behind the prison. This is an excelent low level area, with
    no connections elsewhere.  EG: access to the ship but not the docks.
    ? prision escape route -- a escaped goblin
  * Some connection from oldcity to pirates den.  Or to a well in port
    area.  You need to be pretty tough to get through and is an
    alturnative path to dock area.
  * Port gate -- preparation for port closure  (later)

I would love it if someone could design
  * a port gate house,
  * a mundain prison with a `empty cell of an escaped prisor'
    at the back wall (hole in cell floor, or wall? -- under a bed?)
  * A rowdy sailors bar.

Takers? I'll have my hands full with the main map and exit linkages.

  Anthony Thyssen ( System Programmer )    http://www.sct.gu.edu.au/~anthony/
   `` What has size got to do with being a dwarf? ''
                                   -- Terry Pratchett - "Men At Arms"
     PGP Public Key available -- finger -l anthony@lyrch.cit.gu.edu.au