Re: CF: Invitation to contribute to random map generator

Peter Mardahl on  wrote...
| > my goal would be to get nethack style maps.
|
| Well, the reason I simply didn't take code from nethack for this is this:
| crossfire maps need to be small:  memory demands are much larger.
| A 300x300 map is pretty large, because it uses lots of memory,
| and every monster/special in it must be moved each tick.
| Instead, I'm trying to make smaller,
| denser maps, not disjoint rooms with long corridors.

Nethack maps are only 80x22 in general. But then they also have
specially designed maps too.

  Anthony Thyssen ( System Programmer )    http://www.sct.gu.edu.au/~anthony/
        How many programmers does it take to change a light bulb?
                  None.  It's a hardware problem.
     PGP Public Key available -- finger -l anthony@lyrch.cit.gu.edu.au