Re: CF: Map Zoom

On Dec 17,  9:50am, John Cater wrote:
> Subject: CF: Map Zoom
> Here's a wish for the next version of the client -
>
> I'd think it would be nice to have a "bigger" playing area.
>
> I've got a monitor with a resolution of ~ 1200 x 1000 pixels so
> everything in the playing window is kinda small and hard to see.
> Something like an option to scale the pixmaps by a factor of two would
> do the trick.
> This may slow things down a bit, but as someone said, most people play
> locally anyway.

 Actually, the scaling should be done locally, so it shouldn't affect bandwidth
any.

 I don't think you want to just double the size of the images, since then they
would be too big in the inventory window.

 With caching, the client would in theory only need to scale each image once,
and could then store it as something like image.xxx.big for future use.  This
could also allow for someone to come up with an image set which has already
been prescaled and cleaned up, and distribute that for even better graphics
(client woudl still need to have to be able to do scaling in cases where new
images are added).

--

-- Mark Wedel
mark@pyramid.com