Re: CF: Death

Ed Phillips on  wrote...
| Can someone give me a patch for player.c that will make you lose a
| random item when you die?  I'm going to try this, and comment out the code
| that makes you lose point in a random stat...
|
| I have 0.95.1 btw...

Hmm I would be VERY VERY carful with this.
I would NOT for example remove a `cursed' or `damed' item.
Nor would I lose any item which was `god given', or unique.

For example a fireborn is not worth very much at all if the
``glowing crystal'' given to the character at the start (by the gods)
was deleted.

Also if someone was to lose the key to their apartment (unique item)
their would be no way to get at their goods anymore without intervention
for the God, `DM'.  :-)

Note this includes items stored inside another item, though they also
should be up for `removal'.

Any other item would to my thinking however be fair game, particularly
rings, talismans, holy symbols, wands, rods, staffs, magic weapons, etc.
Prehaps the one with the highest magic value of those items should
disappear as payment for the resurection by your god. :-)

Most adventurers keep some older backup weapons in an apartment or
`character store' in any case.

  Anthony Thyssen ( System Programmer )    http://www.sct.gu.edu.au/~anthony/
   Nice DM!   Good DM!   Please put down the ``Outerplanes Monster Manual''
     PGP Public Key available -- finger -l anthony@lyrch.cit.gu.edu.au