Re: CF: Newbie hints

James Cameron (cameron@stl.dec.com) wrote:

> > grace. "stay fire" applies the currently selected skill again, which is
> > praying in this particular case (less typing than "use_skill pr").
>
> I got to level 17 without knowing about this "stay fire" thing!

We discovered it very late, too. However, it is very useful:
  "apply -a golden unicorn horn;stay fire" for example.

> I had a key bound to "use_skill pr" and I would just hold it down.

Actually you should use a few of those on that key on higher levels
(it's the p key on my characters) --- having multiple commands on a
key is still faster than relying on the autorepeat (at least it used
to be...). Put one "use_skill pr" onto the key at lower levels, since
praying takes a lot of time there.

That praying key is a must-have, since you don't generally want to
automatically use_skill pr after casting a prayer. And there is the
limit of 250 chars for keybindings...

Christian

--
Christian Stieber        http://www.informatik.tu-muenchen.de/~stieber