Re: CF: Better sound support

Hi,

On Sat, Dec 26, 1998 at 07:10:58PM +0100, Jacek Konieczny wrote:
> Hi,
[...cut...]

Forget that. :-)

I have just uploaded the newest patch to
ftp://ftp.ifi.uio.no/pub/crossfire/incoming (file
client-sndserver.patch) It support both OSS and ALSA now, you don't have
to define NEW_SOUND manually. Stereo works.  I have also uploaded
crossfire sounds converted for use with my server
(cfsndserv.sounds.tar.gz) These are 11025Hz, 8bit linear mono samples -
you can always convert Crossfire's *.au files using sox.

The client comunicates with server using normal pipe. I will make TCP
support too, if anyone needs it.

You can change some settings in ~/.crossfire/sndconfig file, to make it
even better. But be careful, some settings won't work. I hope the
defaults are OK for most of you.

Please mail me with any comments or questions.

Greets,
      Jacek

PS.:
  Am I spamming? :-)