Re: CF: New client/server & command buffering.

Mark Wedel (mark@pyramid.com) wrote:

> 3) Add a 'repeat command' to the Protocol.  Server keeps doing that
> action until it another command or a repeat stop command (the run
> and fire commands more or less already do this.)

Hm.. I like this idea, too. But I don't quite understand what a
"repeat command" should. IMHO _all_ commands should be sent as
<start command>
<end command>
no matter whether it makes sense or not.
The server, however, _does_ know that some commands are "one time shots".
Running or searching, for example, would be executed as long as the
<start command> has not been cancelled by the <end command>. Applying,
on the other hand, would execute its action when the <start command>
is received, and ignore the <end command>.

> until the next key event)) to determine if the command should be sent
> as a repeat or not.  Also, a lot of commands might get sent as repeats
> just because the player doesn't release the key fast enough.

This would also be fixed.

Just my $0.02,

Christian (Icho/Gandhi/Ribald @sunbroy53.informatik.tu-muenchen.de, 13325)