CF: polymorph-weirdnesses

Hi,

it seems the heavy rods of polymorph are rather abuse-free, since
polymorphing objects will only create objects that are worse than the
original one (maybe this doesn't hold for "living" stuff --
polymorphing fog is fun, but we haven't checked (yet) whether you get
exp for polymorphed monsters).

However, there are some weirdnesses that (in our opinion) might need to
be fixed. Polymorphing talisman (talismen? talismans?) creates "skill
objects", including things like "wizardry" or "praying". Unfortunately
you can't pick them up, so there is no way to get flametouch or
meditation this way -:(

Polymorphing arrows/bolts can create acid spits, which can't be picked
up either. Don't know whether this should be fixed --- maybe just leave it
in for the fun factor.

Polymorphing bows/crossbows creates objects like "boulder thrower" or
"acid spitter" (or similar, don't remember the exact name). I don't
think these should be generated.

I don't remember any other weirdnesses offhand --- maybe just change the
polymorph spell to not create invisible stuff? Also, it _might_ be cute
to give the polymorph spell a small chance (10%? 20%?) that the created
object can be (somewhat) _better_ than the original.

Christian

--
Christian (Icho/Gandhi/Ribald @sunbroy53.informatik.tu-muenchen.de, 13326)