Re: CF: call for java enthusiasts: server time!

Scott Wedel wrote:
> I think 'playtested' needs to be defined.  Minimally it means it
> means it doesn't crash and that all commands and options work.
>
> It could also mean that there are no cheats [...]
>
> It could also mean that every map and feature provides some level
> of entertainment which would mean some maps and such would be
> removed if they don't pass muster of whatever arbitrator
>
> It could also means there is good playbalance of features and maps.
> Which presumes there is some agreement on a desired playbalance.

Sorry, to quote so much, but this is good summary of what I meant by
"playtested".  We tend to add cool new features to crossfire because
that's what's fun to program.  For the 1.0 release we should stop
adding features at some point and just try to fix up play balance.

We should try to test play balance with both experienced and inexperienced
players. We don't want to turn new players off the game by making it
too difficult.

--
Rupert G. Goldie, Software Engineer                epartg@epa.ericsson.se
Advanced Service Applications Centre, Ericsson Australia