Re: CF: teleportation

> We could even maintain a list of destination points "inside" the
player, to let the player choose where to teleport to. This would,
basically, turn "word of recall" into a more general "teleportation"
spell. Anz thoughts on that?

	I think its worth implementing, but you have to be careful
	no to ruin playbalance. For example, if you allow players
	to teleport to maps then they could
	clear a map, set the 'home' to the middle of a treasure
	room, wait for the map to reset and then teleport in.
	IF word of recall is a separate spell (OR you allow menu
	selection) then the player can just teleport back out.

	Because of this kind of problem, I decided to make a gate
	spell (creates 2 exits, one at your present location, the
	other at the 'home'). But there are potential playbalance
	problems with this too. Id certainly expect any 'home' spell
	that changes the destination would be very high level, OR
	would be imperfect (w/ chance of death from misteleportion,
	etc).

						-b.t.