CF: Acid blobs, again

Hi,

could someone give me a quick explanation what the deal with the new
acid blobs is? I don't know what to tell people asking me why they get
killed by acid blobs even though they are immune acid, other than
advising them to not hit them since they seem to make no damage unless
you hit them physically. Is this one of the new bugs (like stars
killing monsters, counterspell killing jessies, face of death not
killing wizards etc. --- melee weapons killing the player, instead
of the monster?)), is is intentional, or what?

It seems to be somewhat random --- sometimes a single acid blob takes
away just 20% or so of my hitpoints, at other times (same equipment,
same character!) the same acid blob seems to take more than 50% away
with a single hit. What kind of damage are they doing? I'm immune fire
cold magic acid drain depl, protected physical electricity acid and a
whole bunch of other things, ac -48 and armor 99, and I have never met
a monster doing that much damage except for the two unholy goblin
assassins with their _heavy_ godpower attack, and dark angel hanuk
with his meteors.

Christian

--
Christian Stieber        http://www.informatik.tu-muenchen.de/~stieber