Re: CF: Too harsh poison?

>> I had the same experience. My low level character twice ate poisoned
>> food and died instantly each time. Even with NO_PERMADEATH that sucks.
>> Anyone fiddled with poisoning recently ?
>

>	The problem comes from the implementation of poisioning
>	in food. A hack really, it just applies X amount of damage
>	to the eater. Yes, this should be changed, if only for the
>	sake of consistency with the rest of the game.
>
>	The problem goes all the way back to the original implementation
>	of poison booze (DJ). You problably just never drank enough
>	of them to die before :)

The "trouble" is that poisoned food does it's damage instantly and while
generally it doesn't do that much damage, a player often eats when low
on HP so dies.  The only real solution is to remove poisoned foods, or
at least make poisoned foods do something other than HP damage (temporarily
deplete CON and PWR?)

							sdw