Re: CF: pause?

>> I think the real goal of a pause is to be able to take a break without
>> having to leave a region and find a bed of reality.  A character cannot
>> currently just be left motionless in a map since the character needs to
>> eat.  Thus, if there was a character sleep mode where player didn't need
>> food or regain mana then someone could stop playing and later return to
>> the game.  A character in sleep mode cannot be attacked or affected in
>> any way.  To prevent abuse, a player could be prevented from sleeping
>> if any nearby monsters and player has to stationary for 60 seconds.
>
> I will note that if the character has food, the game will 'feed' the character
> when needed.  So presuming a character has enough food, that is not an issue.
>
>  However, a sleep/rest command might not be a bad thing.  General idea:  During
> resting, you use less food, regain hp & sp faster, but takes you some amount of
> time to stop resting (ie, maybe 5 or 10 ticks, so if a fireball goes off next
> to you, you will likely be in trouble.)  Perhaps quality is rest is based on
> other factors - you can not rest with equipped armor or weapons.  However,
> until actual time to apply such items is added, that doesn't make a big
> difference.

The point of the sleep mode is that it is not a character rest mode to
recover faster, but upon short notice for a player to be able to leave
the game without having to find a bed to reality without messing up the
character.  Where sleep mode is really a character saved on map event
instead of a character saved on bed to reality.  You want the map to
still consider the character there since you do not want map to be
refreshed with monsters and treasure when the character returns.

							sdw