Re: CF: pupland raffle2_u3?

Steven Unruh (sunruh@jump.net) wrote:
> ok,
> i'm dumb.  how do you uncover the invisible lever if you can't cast any spells?

First of all, 0.94.0 has a serious bug which prevents you from uncovering
that lever, since it cannot uncover invisible _objects_ (just monsters and
players). This can be easily fixed in server/spell_effects.c (IIRC). Mail
me if you need more info --- too lazy to unpack the sources right now.

Once that is fixed, you can uncover the lever --- stand on the beholder side;
you can cast from there.

> AND
> it seems that the means to go from the troll side to the beholder side
> does not work or i'm not understanding something.

It does work, trust me. Keep on trying.
Hint: Levitation boots are generally useless. But every now and then...

> with the editor i see that the mover on the second gate is the opposite
> direction of the one where the pit is at.  it is the same on both sides (troll/
> beholder).  is this correct?

Yes. At least, we have managed to play all 3 raffles without changing
the maps, so obviously everything is correct.

> i know lots of you have completed all 3 of the puplands, but how did you do
> this?

Oh well... White dragon scale mail is hard to get. It seems the cloak
of magic resistance is the hardest (puzzle-wise). Idaten boots are
comparatively easy to get.

> also, what is the best method of getting something (like on pupland1) other
> than one of the first 4?   how do you get one of the good items?

Solve the quest(s).
Hint 1: go to lone town. Talk to people in the inn. Find Eureca.
Hint 2: find To-jyo. Idaten boots are "close".

Question: is there anything to be gotten in Siegfrieds house? We have
killed Siegfried, but not managed to get anywhere. I suppose the key
that he has is the one for the evil tower, but since you don't need
the key to get through the door, you don't have to do Siegfrieds house
at all. But then, why is it there? There are still quite a few doors
we haven't managed to open...

> Steve (Mr. Pause - i just wanna be able to press one key, walk away from my
> computer and come back and be in the exact same spot with nothing changed
> as far as my character goes) Unruh

CTRL-Z :-)

Christian

--