Re: CF: poison is harmless to monsters and high level players

> I feel poison makes no sense to most of monsters,
> and high level characters.

I disagree with this patch.  The damage should have to do
with the deadliness of the poisoner, not how strong
the victim is.

> For low level character, poison is harmful.
> For high level character, poison is relatively harmless.

The solution is to make the poison strike a percentage of total HP,
with the percentage dependent on the deadliness of the poison.

Diseases (as I have them in my disease patch) do this:  strike
a percentage damage.....

>   		poisoning goes as the level of the monster/2.
>   		If anything else, goes as damage. */

This was intended as level of the POISONER.  I guess not
even comments are good enough.

> *** server/time.c.org	Mon Feb 23 16:27:51 1998
> --- server/time.c	Tue Mar 10 20:52:44 1998
> ***************
> *** 194,200 ****
>     }
>     (void)hit_player(op->env,
>                      op->stats.dam,
> !                    op,AT_PHYSICAL);
>   }
>

> --- 194,200 ----
>     }
>     (void)hit_player(op->env,
>                      op->stats.dam,
> !                    op,AT_GODPOWER);
>   }
>

>    But this is not a good solution.
>    I should change physical attack to poison attack and modify
>    hit_player().

Yes, having armour defend against poison attack is sort of senseless.

PeterM

Follow-Ups: References: