Re: CF: Crossfire Client Noise

Darren Benham (gecko@benham.net) wrote:
> At the very least, the client seems noisy.  Is this something I/we should worry
> about???

Most of it seems to be harmless, although some of the messages
are the result of bugs.

> Example, when I'm holding a key down to go east, I get a bunch of:
>
> Wont send command east - window oversized 10 255
> Wont send command east - window oversized 10 255
> Wont send command east - window oversized 11 0

This is probably because the client tries to send more "east" commands
than the server can use. This is one of the harmless messages
resulting from bugs ("keyboard" doesn't work, since it doesn't turn
off keyboard buffering --- the message looks like the result of a
buffer overflow).

> Or I see a few:
>
> Got update_item command for item we don't have (215279)
> Got update_item command for item we don't have (215279)
> Got update_item command for item we don't have (215165)

AFAICS this has something to do with the buggy inventory display.

Christian

--
Christian Stieber        http://www.informatik.tu-muenchen.de/~stieber

Follow-Ups: References: