Re: CF: DECENT RANDOM MAPS NEEDED

>  True.  I think probably the one thing that hasn't kept up as much with all t
> other changes in crossfire is the maps.
>
>  This is to say that a lot of new features have been added to crossfire
> (alchemy, gods, etc), but very few maps actually do anything with this.

Well, I've done my part....  Though I think it'd be cool if someone added some
more "culture" to my maps.  I'm good at thinking up gimmicks and tricks, but
some of the other maps have great history and culture built into them.

> special spells was relatively importantly.  In crossfire, at current time, th
> good recipes are either too rare or the recipes that are found tend not to be
> that useful.  Actually, weapon improvement could probably be much more
> interesting if somehow mixed with alchemy.

How about some spells which can NOT be cast, but may only be done through
alchemy?

But in any case, I think the highest priority right now should be
DECENT RANDOM MAPS for new code.

Making maps is extremely tedious, and having a random map generator as
a tool would help tremendously.  I could generate a random map to start with
and mutate it much more easily than building one from the ground up.

Some needed characteristics of a random map generator:

1)  Useful from both crossedit and crossfire
2)  Output is tunable, i.e., styles (undead level/animal level/mages, etc)
    and difficulty, and maybe a few invariants.
3)  A way to link the DECENT RANDOM MAPS into buildings in crossfire at runtime,
    so that when a building is entered, it makes a random map...

Regards,

PeterM