CF: Illusions

Here's an idea to play around with:  Illusions.

    What if mages could cast an Illusion spell with an argument and create a
"golem" that looked like whatever creature they named?  Maybe the illusion
would even have the appropriate attacktype, immunities, etc.  To balance it,
the difference between the level of the illusionary creature and the magic
level of the caster could be used to determine things like the duration of
the illusion and how hard it is to dispell.
    The tricky part would be letting monsters and players dispel illusions
by disbelieving them.  Any attack on an illusion should have a chance, based
on the attacker's Int and the relative levels of the attacker and the
illusionist, of instantly dispelling the illusion.
    This could probably be done by adding an "Illusion" monster type and
checking for that type when assigning damage.  Or it could be done by adding
an "Illusion" flag to objects.  Is there any need for illusions other than
monsters?  Creating illusionary chests or pits or walls, for example.  Can
anyone think of a use for such things?  Would illusionary objects be worth
implementing, or should Illusion spells be limited to creating monsters?

--
            -Dave Noelle,                 dave@Straylight.org
            -the Villa Straylight,  http://www.straylight.org

Disclaimer:Don't ask me; I just live here.

Quote of the Day:
"So tired that I couldn't even sleep,
 So many secrets I couldn't keep,
 Promised myself I wouldn't weep,
 One more promise I couldn't keep"  - Soul Asylum