Re: Graduated protections, was Re: CF: incompatible objects (was Re: Experiments)

Mark Wedel wrote:

> David Andrew Michael Noelle wrote:
> >
> >     Oh?  I'm glad I asked then.  I just happened to notice that when I was
> > playing with the regeneration code to try out that overgeneration experiment
> > I mentioned.  I'll leave the overgeneration bit on hold until I can work it
> > into what they did.  Besides, I'm not sure we've reached a consensus on that
>
>  I think you misread the reply.

    You're right.  I did.  Sorry for the confusion.

>  Additive protection code has been written - you can see my other message for
> why I didn't put it in immediately.  Best I know, tracking of the hp/sp/grace
> regen rate has not been done.

    I just added in one variable and moved the spell point armour penalty
calculation from the do_some_living() function to fix_player().  And threw
in a couple lines to save and load that value along with the sp/hp/grace
regen bonuses.  Seems a bit easier than I thought it would be, but I'm
testing it now to see if I missed something.

--
            -Dave Noelle,                 dave@Straylight.org
            -the Villa Straylight,  http://www.straylight.org

Quote of the Day:
Life would be so much easier if we could just look at its source code.