Re: CF: Alternate proposal: MARK the power crystals

Raphael Quinet wrote:

> I would like to see some suggestions for the incompatibilities between
> objects (weapons, armour, rings, amulets, ...).  Here are some ideas:
> - weapons with attacktype "cold" and "fire"
> - same for "poisoning" and "fire" (most poisons are degraded by heat)
> - any weapon with more than two attacktypes that sees another weapon
>   with two or more attacktypes
> - rings or amulets that are attuned to opposite paths

 Note that for me, I see the problem more with multiple artifacts used at the
same time.

 If you make it difficult to carry more artifacts, all it really does it create
a need for players to store the artifacts someplace and either pop home to pick
them up, or just not use them.

 I sort of like the idea of using the right tool for the job, so I think it is
nice to be able to carry those extra items.

 Crystals are sort of special because they are fast repeat items.

 But in my mind, the problem is more wearing that armor of fire protection with
the helm of ice protection, and the boots of electricity protection, and so on.
Add in the rings and amulets, you can pretty quickly get immune to a lot of of
stuff.  So I think the issue is more that characters are getting too many
bonuses (of whatever sort), and not raw number of items.

> Any other suggestions?  It could be nice to have some criteria based
> on the total number of stat improvements, but I don't know how to
> formulate that.

 A simple method would be 1 point for most stuff (+1 stat, protection), and +2
or +3 for an immunity.  Even penalties could be given points.

 As a type this, I realize a lot of thought will have to go into artifact
limitations.