CF: Devourers are devouring players !

Definitely agree. I got the same problem when killing the robber in the
Dark Well (I forgot his name). It could be because of artifact corruption,
but I'm not so sure: when killing him on a particular square, the server
crashes; but killing him a few squares later, everything is OK. And for the
Devourers' problem, it seems that the server crashes because of a divide
error. It could be linked with an algorithm incompatible with some sort of
compiler optimization. I'll try to recompile Crossfire without any
optimization and see if things go better then.