CF: BUGS: (was Re: Crossfire 0.95.2 released.)

On Sun, Jan 31, 1999 at 02:34:27PM +0000, Mark Wedel wrote:

> Crossfire 0.95.2 has been released. There are a lot of bug fixes
> as well as some pretty big improvements in it.  The complete
> changelog is at the end of thie file.
And there are a lot of new and old bugs.

> cleint-0.95.2-{raw/au}-sounds are the sounds for the client.  The au
> sounds are not changed since the last server release of the sounds - it
> just made sense to note there are some for the client.  The raw files
> are needed if using the new client sound code - they are converted
> au files.  The raw files are only really needed if you are using the
> ALSA sound system.  If you lack sound, there is no reason to get either of
> the sound files.

The raw files are also needed for OSS when using new sound scheme. Also new
"sounds" file should be installed in ~/.crossfire or  some sounds whould be
broken  (too loud)

> Improve decrease_ob_nr so that items dropped on the ground will get removed
> from the players inventory if they are used up (fixes bug where you drop
> the last of some item on an altar but it would not disappear from your
> inventory)
The bug  sill  occures in some situations. For example when taking things
from container.

> Another fix for pits (holes) so objects should drop through.  The fix
> in the last release made fixed a possible infinite loop, but also made
> it that once an object on the pit could not drop through, no other objects
> on the pit would drop through.  The change made will attempt to drop all
> objects through the pit, but also not run into a problem with infinite loops.
But raffles still don't work. Did you check it. I was trying to find the
bug - it seems server cannot find a free place for the boulder.

> Change move_gate so that it won't roll off things like grass or other
> immovable objects.
This totally broken boulder&gates mechanism. Such as used in new Scorn
gate house andin raffles.
However I cannot remember the grass problem.
Would you please stop "fixing" those imaginary problems?

> Disease code from Peter Mardahl added.
Did you checked it.It is great, but it doesn't work with random maps (/!
entrances).
However it was really funny when I started loosing my teeth.

> Fix in apply code between server and client.  Containers on the ground
> now work properly.  Server side simplified a bit, and updated to be a bit
> more bandwidth efficient (use update item to open/close containers.)  Client
> updated to handle updating its container status via the update commands.
When you  move yourself from the container, you still have it opened in the
"below" window.

> Fix in pay_for_item in that it will not mistake kobans or other coins for
> gold coins when making change (or converting the older coins into new
> coins with the same arch but with a different value)
When you don't have any money (or have it all in  your  pouch)  server
crashes.

Other bugs:
When  I tried  "word   of  recall"  to return to Scorn  city (gate  doesn't
work - move_gate bug and possibly map bug) it didn't work (forces started
to come, but nothing happened).

Thats all for now.

And please release next version as soon as possible, but only tested, and
with bug-fixes for REPORTED bugs.

Greets,
  Jacek