Re: CF: suggestion for Exp system (damage vs. kill)

Raphaël Quinet (Raphael.Quinet@eed.ericsson.se) quoted here:

> You can also see this case from another point of view: if you are a
> wizard trying to kill a troll, you will cast some spells at it.  Even if
> you do not succeed in killing the monster, you become more experienced
> in casting these spells because you can successfully hurt the troll.

Thank you for writing this, so I can jump in :-)
This is one point that disturbs me in most RPGs.
Always you have to KILL and HURT someone for getting exp.
Why not getting exp just for USING your skills ?

In real life you can train archery by shooting at trees or targets,
and you don't have to shoot people for getting better :)

Hmm...maybe some differentiation between SKILL and EXP would be
needed (like in Tibia...).

--
bye,