Re: Making Mark's life easier, was: Re: CF: Use CVS

On Feb 4,  9:15am, David Sundqvist wrote:

> >  That was one question of mine - CVS would seem to work fine when smaller
> > patches/improvements are not being made, but would seem to be much more
> > difficult when very large changes are made (for example, changing the
object
> > structures will result in significant changes to most every source file
there
> > is).
>
> Well, we could probably lock the repository for updates a few days in
> advance and after such a major change was merged.

 I'll have to look at CVS some more.  One key is being able to easily know if
someone else had put in changes to the code that I may be working on seperately
so that I know to merge there changes in with my greatly modified version.

> Agreed, the maps and possibly the archetypes would be good. Personally,
> I'm of course interested in getting the client code there too :).

 Client code would be a good candidate, since I don't see any major changes
coming with it (object rewrite should not affect the client since it uses
its own 'item' structure, and the same information should be transmitted to the
client - just how the server gets that may be different.

--

-- Mark Wedel
mark@pyramid.com