Re: CF: bugs and features

On Feb 5,  1:33pm, Preston F. Crow wrote:
> Subject: CF: bugs and features

> Arguably, there is a "bug" in the client in that it lets stoff scroll off
> the top of the screen before you can read it.  Mostly this is shop
inventories
> and spell lists.  Perhaps the client could count the lines for each
> individual message and pause if it would scroll off the top (like piping
> it through `more`).  I'm not sure how the protocol works, so it's not clear
> to me how tough this would be.

 The client does have support for a scrollbar.  Use the -scrolllines option to
specify some reasonably large number (note this is for the X11 client - I
believe the gtk one always has a scrollbar.)

> It would also be nice if the X client defaulted to 'scroll' being on.
> Also, it should notice when there are no sound files and turn off sound.

 All of this is setable - the client will create a ~/.crossfire/.defaults if
you use a 'savedefaults command while running the client.  Things like display
mode, default server/port number, image cache, split windows, show icons,
sound, and so on are saved in there.  Pretty much, if there is a command line
option for it, it can get saved into the defaults file and used for future
runs. This is probably an under documented feature of the client.

--

-- Mark Wedel
mark@pyramid.com