Re: CF: Build a no sound client

On Feb 17,  8:05pm, Bob Tanner wrote:
> Subject: CF: Build a no sound client
> How do you build a client with no sound capabilities?
>
> We run several clients from one box and with the sound turned on the
> first client to grab /dev/dsp gets sound and the rest crash saying the
> cannot access /dev/dsp permission denied.

 You can run the client without sound by giving it -nosound on the command
line.

 Currently, the build process tries to include sound if it sees it is on a
system that supports it.  This leaves it to the user to specify whether to use
sound or not, which is probably a better thing.  Imho, it is better to have run
time options that do the right thing instead of a bunch of compile time options
(the later is more of a pain to maintain).

--

-- Mark Wedel
mark@pyramid.com